The major challenges facing the home include;
- The Poor state of physical structures
- Inadequate funding
- Inconsistent income and over reliance on well wishers
- Lack of education support program
- Most donations are given in kind and thus limiting the capacity for meeting what would have been the critical need e.g. donations for clothing and furniture when the need is school fees.
- Lack of collaborations and partnerships.
It costs Ksh. 200 per day to maintain a child at the home.
Ksh 5 Million is needed to improve accommodation, dinning hall, Kitchen and ablution system.